Travel to Winchester
Travelling to Winchester via public transport is really easy at the right time of day. However, if you have a very late flight arrival we suggest you travel by taxi or hire a car or stay near the airport that night and arrive at your accommodation the following day.
From Airports: we recommend using the National Express Coach it also goes between all of the London airports. Please see National Express for more details.
- Southampton – please see Travelling by Train below for more details on this airport
- Victoria Coach Station in central London
Travelling by train: Winchester train station is located centrally and serves London Waterloo in one hour and Southampton Central and Southampton Airport Parkway in under 30 minutes. Please see National Rail for more details.
Travelling by car: The M3 is only a few miles out of Winchester city centre. Exit at Junction 9 if travelling from the north and junction 10 if travelling from the south.
Private car hire:
- Wessex Cars – 01962 877749
- Winch Taxis – 07922 233545
- Winchester Taxi Link – 07525 654854
- Cathedral Taxis – 07783 592130
- Winchester Taxi Services – 01962 658160
- City Taxis – 01962 841212
All properties have off-street parking or an on-street permit parking for one car.
There are also additional parking spaces in nearby public car parks.